Rules of Play
War Blackjack is played with any standard blackjack shoe game. The War bet for a six-deck game returns a house edge of about 1.17%.
- The Player places a main Blackjack wager and an optional Blackjack War wager before the hand begins.
- The Blackjack War side bet is not limited to any amount relative to the Player’s main bet. (I.e., the Player’s side bet may exceed his main bet.)
- The Player and Dealer each receive one card dealt face up. The Blackjack War bet pays even-money when the Player’s card is higher than the Dealer’s card. Otherwise, the War bet loses (the Dealer’s card ties or beats the Player’s card). Aces are the lowest card in Blackjack War.
- The Dealer removes all losing Blackjack War wagers.
- For winning Blackjack War wagers, the Dealer asks the Player if he wants to parlay all of the Blackjack War winnings only onto his main blackjack hand. If the Player elects to parlay, the Dealer caps the Player’s main bet with the War winnings and returns the original War wager to the Player. If the Player does not parlay, the Dealer returns the entire War proceeds (original bet plus winnings) to the Player.
- The blackjack hand then plays out following normal Blackjack house rules.