Rules of Play
Open Stud Poker is played with a standard 52-card deck and is an exciting game where the Players bet as the Dealer’s hand is exposed. Players receive 6 cards to make their best 5-card poker hand only after seeing all of the Dealer’s cards. The stronger the Dealer’s hand, the higher the odds paid to the Player, if the Player beats the Dealer’s hand.
- Players wager a mandatory Ante bet and an optional Two Way Bonus bet before the hand begins.
- The Dealer receives six cards, dealt face down and immediately exposes the first two cards of his hand.
- Players may then either wager a 1st 2 Cards bet equal to 1x their Ante or check.
- The Dealer exposes the next two cards of his hand and Players may then either wager a Next 2 Cards bet equal to 1x their Ante or check.
- The Dealer exposes the final two cards of his hand, and forms the best 5-card poker hand from six cards. The Dealer qualifies with a pair or better.
- Players must then make a Last 2 Cards bet equal to 1x their Ante or fold and surrender all bets.
- All Players who make the final Last 2 Cards bet will receive six cards to make their best 5-card poker hand.
- If the Dealer does not qualify, both the Ante and Last 2 Cards bets will push.
- If the Dealer hand beats the Player hand, then the Player loses all remaining bets.
- If the Player hand ties the Dealer hand, then the Player pushes all bets.
- If the Player hand beats the Dealer hand, then the qualified Ante, the 1st 2 Cards bet (if any), and the Next 2 Cards Play bet (if any) all win even money. The Last 2 Cards bet pays odds according to the Last 2 Cards Paytable. Players are paid odds based on the strength of the Dealer’s hand. The better the Dealer hand, the higher the odds paid if the Player can beat it.
- The optional Two Way Bonus is paid odds if the Dealer or Player has a three of a kind or better and is paid on the higher of the two hands only.